Genre: Latin: Latin Jazz
Release Date: 1993
The Armando Rodriguez / Victor Rendon Latin Jazz Orchestra is a powerful horn band backed by a driving Latin percussion section. The music is a blend of Afro-Cuban and American Jazz. It follows the path set forth by such Latin jazz masters as Mario Bauza, Machito, Tito Puente, and Mongo Santamaria.
The arrangements, all written and orchestrated by the co-leaders, offer a variety of rhythms and tempos such the cha cha cha, bolero, songo, danzon, mambo, rumba, and the sacred rhythms of the bata drums.
Originally released in 1993, Juarez is a music that moves the spirit, stirs the soul, and makes the listener want to dance.
"...an excellent CD....."
Latin Beat Magazine
"...this excellent group has established its credentials as one of the best new bands in the exploding Hispanic jazz field".
- Armando Rodriguez – trumpet, flugelhorn
- Victor Rendon – drums, timbales, gua gua, okonkolo
- Jim Seeley – trumpet
- John Walsh – trumpet
- Peter Brainin – Tenor sax
- Pablo Calogero – baritone sax
- Mike Sims – baritone sax
- Mauricio Smith – flute
- Arturo O’Farrill – acoustic piano
- Bernie Minoso – bass
- Louis Bauzo – congas, quinto, cajon, iya
- Johnny Almendra – bongos, guiro, clave
- Greg Askew – itotele, cajon
- 1. Toque De Bata Para Elegua Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 1:26
- 2. Overnight Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 4:49
- 3. Bernie's Tune Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 5:21
- 4. Here's That Rainy Day Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 3:59
- 5. Se Acabo La Malanga Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 7:59
- 6. Juarez Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 6:09
- 7. Lluvia Azul Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 7:10
- 8. Lindo Yambu Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 2:27
- 9. Nutville Armando Rodriguez & Victor Rendon | 6:41